Wednesday, November 4, 2009

African Americans "watered down"?

I've noticed that White and HIspanic men (in real life, not Hollywood) who do date Black women tend to go for the dark skinned, exotic, Black woman with Natural or Natural looking hair, and usually pass over the lighter brown Black woman with a few more Caucasian features or extensions. (but this doesn't include the bi-racial woman)



My sister and her African friends get hit on more often by White men in bars, than her African American female counterparts.



I asked a white co-worker of mine who dates women of all races what he thinks of African American women, and he said "I don't, but some African girls are quite attractive."



I asked why he felt that way, and he said "I don't know the ones here are watered down."



What does he mean by "watered down", from a white male perspective, and does anyone agree with this?



African Americans "watered down"?

I think by "watered down", he meant African American women are still American women... jaded by the ideals and obsessions that any other American woman is influenced by. The lack of self-esteem and constant reassimilation brought on by society's standards of beauty and success generally proves unattractive for men of any race. A woman who takes pride in who she is, WHOMEVER she may be, will always be more desirable.



African Americans "watered down"?

where do you live imhotep cuz i need to go sumwhere like there and find guys that find me more attactive



[i hate weave and extensions, i'm medium toned] yay black ppl that acually look like black ppl!!! :)



lol Report It



African Americans "watered down"?

2007, people can date who they want



African Americans "watered down"?

That is pretty rude to refer to anyone as watered-down, simply because of their race/ethnicity. You can say that about personality, but anyone who dates more African women because of looks, is very shallow. And of course, alot of people are shallow in their dating lives... but I would date anyone of any race that I liked enough to date. Perhaps people do think African Americans are "watered-down." I don't know, or care, because I liked to be judged by the things I can change, like character, not race or ethnicity.



African Americans "watered down"?

Maybe he likes the stereotype that foreign women tend to be submissive.



African Americans "watered down"?

he means that american black women are not really all the way african. we are ''watered down'' meaning we may contain genes from caucasion decent. especially black women who are lighter skinned.



but that was rude of him to say...



African Americans "watered down"?

I think he meant that african-american women are cocky or something.



that makes no sense for it to mean that they have diffrent genes.



African Americans "watered down"?

What kriskabob said is true according to the conversations I've heard white men having.



African Americans "watered down"?

Im black an I also like foreign women. watered down to me = Too American (i.e. Not exotic). To be honest I think its a stage every men goes through. I actually now perfer American women, Ive found foriegn women can carry alot of baggage sometimes.



African Americans "watered down"?

By the term 'watered-down', I assume he means 'diluted racial genes' or they arent full African logically.



Im African (Nigerian) myself and I date American white men a lot, although I have a boyfriend now. I have African girlfriends who are with white men and usually when I see white men with black women (African or black American) they are usually darker women, i.e medium brown skin to dark chocolate lol. Biracial women are not black, they are BIRACIAL.



Im not sure about Hispanic men dating African women, but Ive seen them with black American women.



African Americans "watered down"?

I never see this where, I'm from Knoxville,Tn



African Americans "watered down"?

Men there's lots of hot black ladies in Pasadena ..



I love black women ..



Im white



African Americans "watered down"?

"Water" is an Ebonical terminology for a cigarette soaked in liquid PCP, then smoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment