Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I hate having greasy hair...help!?

I am African-American and I get my hair pressed and flat ironed every two weeks, but during those two weeks, I have to oil my scalp. After I oil my scalp, my hair becomes really heavy and it loses movement..does anyone have any suggestions on how to maintain body and volume?



I hate having greasy hair...help!?

I fell out of love with grease when in high school, because it was gross and heavy and attracted dirt and dust.



Moved on to oil sheen, not knowing any better, and used that a while because it was lighter.



Found out that petroleum and mineral oil are both from crude oil, and both barriers, which mean they clog your hair follicles. They both coat your hair, preventing nutrients from getting in, and coat your scalp (which breathes as part of our skin), and keep toxins from being released as well as nutrients from going in.



I recommend Humble, it's a local line in Texas, with natural oils that do not weigh the hair down. My hair has so much movement and bounce...and is truly healthy.



Just be aware that mineral oil and petroleum are not moisturizers, but again, barriers, and if you need something to be fully absorbed into your skin, put some petroleum on it, and nothing is going to pass it...coming in or going out.



~best



ps - if you want more volume...or body... you might want to make sure that whoever is straightening your hair is only going over each section once, and not to death. Maintaining a little texture will help you have fuller...or at least fuller looking, hair.



I hate having greasy hair...help!?

girl i used to have the same problem but i just started using a lite weight oil sheen and plus your scalp produces its own oils that moisturize your scalp and when you brush/comb thru your hair it gets distributed evenly that way so use as less as possible and then touch it up yourself with a hot comb or flat iron too ; ) hope this helps



I hate having greasy hair...help!?

same here ok i have realxed hair and i oil my hair once a week and i hate too because i ahve very fine soft silky hair and when i oil it's so heavy...i know what ya know what ya mean!!! but since you use oil anyway when you get it pressed... i dont know what you can use to make it not so greasy you can try to tell your hair dress to not apply a lot of oil .. or just make sure it's on your scalp



I hate having greasy hair...help!?

check the links below for natural homemade beauty tips to:-- Dry hair / Oily-greasy hair/ Splitends / Fruit Packs for scalp



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2006/08/natur...

No comments:

Post a Comment