Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Does amount, thickness of body hair vary by ethnicity?

A friend of mine (Spanish and Italian) has a lot of thick, coarse, dark body hair. She swears it's because she's part Italian. She claims Mediterraneans have more body hair. I'm biracial (African-American, Mediterranean French, Irish) and I have almost no body hair. However, my brother (same mix) is quite hairy. I claim it has nothing to do with ethnicity. Who's right?



Does amount, thickness of body hair vary by ethnicity?

It is true that certain ethnicity's do have more, and thicker body hair, than others do. This is because, body hair is a trait that is inherited, from genes. Thick body hair is an inherited trait, that is common in certain groups from specific parts of the world. It has been passed down through the generations, and is still quite prevalent, even today, because specific groups tend to marry, within their own specific ethnic groups.



Does amount, thickness of body hair vary by ethnicity?

Its all genetics and males tend to have more body hair anyway. It all depends on who you take after I guess. It could be genes that stem all the way back to decades ago...



Does amount, thickness of body hair vary by ethnicity?

I think that it is both ethnicity and genetics but probably more genetics. My father's family is Lebanese. My uncle is really furry and my dad is more normal. I'm somewhere in between.



Does amount, thickness of body hair vary by ethnicity?

P.S.: Ethnicity (specifically race) IS genetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment